Coronavirus: We’re working hard to maintain ‘business as usual’
An update from JLA Group CEO Ben Gujral…
Like all businesses across the UK, we’re paying close and constant attention to how the Coronavirus (COVID 19) outbreak is unfolding. As we all face uncertainty, both at home and at work, I feel it’s important to provide an update as to how we’re planning for all eventualities here at JLA.
Increased business continuity planning at JLA
As a trusted partner to thousands of businesses across the UK, including hospitals, emergency services, care homes and nursing homes who rely on us to supply and maintain their critical equipment, we’re always acutely aware of our responsibility to get things right when it comes to dealing with the unexpected.
The unprecedented scale and rapid progression of the Coronavirus pandemic has meant that we have also strengthened and expanded our business continuity plans, reinforcing our ability to protect and support our colleagues and customers throughout this period.
I’m therefore confident in JLA’s ability to weather the Coronavirus storm – and we’re doing everything possible to ensure we can continue to provide the level of service you need and expect.
Key precautions we’ve taken to protect everyone who works at or with JLA:
- Audited and supplied all necessary Personal Protective Equipment to JLA colleagues
- Established procedures for entering infected sites in emergencies
- Issued hand sanitiser to all colleagues, including our field engineers
- Shared best practice advice with colleagues and customers
- Advised suppliers and customers to postpone visits to JLA offices unless essential
- Enabled remote working capability for all staff
- Held ‘readiness days’ to make sure colleagues are able to efficiently work off-site
- Stopped all non-essential travel – encouraging tele and video conferencing
- Postponed external candidate interviews in our offices
- Taken steps to maintain our parts stock levels to ensure best possible service delivery for our customers
We’ve also made sure that cover is in place for our own suppliers and set up an emergency servicing team that will allow us to switch to ‘critical response’ mode following an escalation in COVID 19’s status or a change in Government advice.
I hope this update offers a degree of reassurance, but please feel free to contact us through the usual channels if you need our help in any way. I can assure you we will do everything we can to provide you with the support that you have come to expect from us to keep your critical assets up and running regardless of the challenges faced.
JLA Group CEO